Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy 2009!

January 2009

Hi everyone!

My first posting of the new year - hope you all had a fabulous New Year and that 2009 brings much happiness, peace and prosperity into your life!
So why the tropical beach theme for my blog you ask? Well, with -20oc temperatures outside and more snow on its way, I decided I desperately need to look at something warm, tropical and beachy!! Oh, how I'd love to be lying on a beach right now - Cuba would be perfect!


Joel with the Hoth Set from Santa


Our christmas was fabulous. The boys loved all their Star Wars lego and we spent christmas day and days after building lego! Jacob even has his own mini set so he doesn't keep on going into his brothers' rooms and pinching theirs!! Santa was good to everyone this year and the boys had immense pleasure tracking him on Google Earth. As soon as he hit South America, it was time to hit their beds and be asleep in time before he visited! What a fabulous way to get them into bed early, hee hee!!

Josh with the Rogue Shadow he just built



Jacob dressed up as a Clone Trooper!

So as you can see, our house is constantly like a film set from Star Wars - lightsaber fights, being blasted by Clone Troopers and perfecting the Star Wars theme tune! The boys love it and sometimes it's quite clear I have 4 boys and not 3, hee hee!!

Sean had great news on the work front just before the christmas holidays. He received his promotion, so effective from January 1st, he is officially Vice-President at Sound Design Technologies - way to go Sean!! He is thrilled and he has certainly celebrated with some of his cigars!

I am getting busy again making cards for some local stores. I was thrilled to hear that a new store in Stittsville sold some of my christmas cards so I can go round and collect my cheque - woohoo!!! I need to get creating some birthday, valentine and generic cards now for this store.

Sean is driving back from Toronto as I write this with our new car. I am soooo excited and I will be sure to post a picture as soon as he arrives!

I hope you are all keeping well and warm - well I know the family in Aussie is for sure!!

Love & hugs,

Danielle xo

3 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi just wanted to thank you for posting my blogcandy on your blog and to wish you luck in the draw, I would also like to say that you have a really lovely blogspot and your work is gorgeous. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

cats whiskers said...

Hi Hun what great photos these are my two Grandsons Robert and Ben got the same lego model plus a couple more lego models for Christmas and I must admit it was the quietest christmas ever they just spent the whole time with their lego, what a life saver it is.
Love to you and yours dear
Hugs Jacqui x

kanishk said...

you have a really lovely blogspot
free internet jobs